Welcome To WiFi Facility
Ranchi University has very good WiFi connection system For accessing any useful information
The university’s computing facilities i.e., hardware and software.
- ➤ Number of systems with individual configurations Over 300 systems are there in the University. These are mostly Core2Duo systems (i3 and i5 Intel processors). The University also has seven servers.
- ➤ Dedicated computing facilities
- ➤ Wi-Fi facility
- ➤ LAN facility - One Core switch, 22 distribution switches
- ➤ The examination process uses proprietary software built by MECON India Ltd. for annual pattern Examination and another software for semester pattern examinations.
- ➤ Number of nodes/ computers with internet facility - 400 node
- ➤ The Library and all the Departments are connected to INFLIBNET Centre, with access to online e-journals from reputed publishers provided by UGC.
- ➤ National Knowledge Network: All the University departments and allied offices, including Library, Academic Staff College, and Hostels are connected to NKN providing 1GBPS connectivity speed, under NME-ICT project of the Government of India.
- ➤ E-Knowledge and Learning Centre, an extension to Central Library, is ICT-enabled with 24 thin-client nodes and serves as learning space in the University. Seeing the response of the students/scholars the University is planning to increase the facilities.
- ➤ The national Knowledge Network facility has been recently provided to the University with 400 nodes. This is used to extend INFLIBNET resources to all the Departments, library, and e-knowledge Centre. This will be used to provide audio-video classroom under A-view classroom programme. About one dozen IP Network Camera, installed at strategic points in the campus, also use NKN network.